By providing practical, hands-on instruction for teachers who want to learn more about teaching in a distinctively Christian manner in public or private schools, this specialization equips teachers to articulate a Christian perspective for education and prepares them to translate that perspective and lead others within their classroom, school, and community.
Courses offered in 15-week semesters and 8-week summer terms.
Students may start the program during any term. Most M.Ed. students choose a two or three year plan of study during which they continue to work as a full-time educator. Contact us at email@example.com for a plan that fits your pace and starting point!
M.ED. Courses in Teacher Leadership (30 CREDITS)
- EDUC 501 - Issues in Education (3 credits, summer, fall, spring)
- EDUC 502 - Learner Development and Principles of Learning (3 credits, summer, spring)
- EDUC 503 - Interpreting and Applying Educational Research (3 credits, fall)
- EDUC 504 - Curriculum Development and Evaluation (3 credits, summer, fall)
- EDUC 505 - Foundations of Special Education (3 credits, summer, fall, spring)
- EDUC 506 - Best Practices in Instructional Strategies (3 credits, summer odd)
- EDUC 507 - Classroom Assessment Strategies (3 credits, fall)
- EDUC 508 - Teaching and Learning with Technology (3 credits, spring)
- EDUC 510 - Action Research Project (3 credits, spring)
- EDUC 551 - High Impact Coaching (3 credits, summer)
Ready to take the next step?
Connect with us
Submit your information to request more information about Dordt and this program. We'll also use this information to connect you with your admissions counselor!
Still looking for the right fit? Here are some additional program options that we think might interest you or are often paired with this program. You can also view the programs page to keep exploring your options.