Friday group visit days are the best way to experience Dordt's campus!*
Our virtual visit is a great first look into the Dordt campus community.
We'll be offering individual visits on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.*
Learn more about our in-person visit COVID-19 precautionary measures below.
*Overnights are not available for visits at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Friday Group Visits
Currently, we can only host a maximum of 60 visitors per campus visit day. Schedule yours soon!
Pick a date:
Click a link below to schedule your in-person visit to Dordt University this fall.
Prefer to visit from home? Check out our virtual visits, information available below!
Typical Friday visit schedule
- 9:45 a.m. — Check-in (De Yager Center)
- 10 a.m. — Welcome
- 10:30 a.m. — Campus tour
- 11:40 a.m. — Financial aid presentation
- 12 p.m. — Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. — Faculty and student panel
- 1–4 p.m. — Individual appointments
"During my campus visit at Dordt, I felt a sense of community and acceptance that I never felt on any other visit. I genuinely felt like I belonged. That sense of community made me feel like Dordt was a place that I could call home for the next four years of my life."
— Devyn Driesen, class of 2022
- During your Friday visit to Dordt, you will enjoy a complimentary meal in the Dordt dining hall.
- You’re welcome to bring your parents on your campus visit, but we are limiting each visitor to two guests. No on-campus lodging will be provided for students or parents this year because of COVID restrictions. We are offering hotel discounts if needed. Those details can be found on the travel reimbursement page.
- If you travel more than 200 miles one way to get here, you may also qualify for travel reimbursement. At this time, we cannot provide transportation from the airport as is generally our practice—we apologize for the inconvenience.
Schedule your visit
Fill in the online form at the link below at least 10 days prior to the Campus Visit Day you've selected. We'll confirm your visit after receiving your reservation.
Schedule your visit
Day Virtual visit
Starts at 11 a.m. CST
There are no daytime virtual visit dates available at this time.
- 11 a.m. — Welcome and introductions
- 11:35-11:55 a.m. — Student panel
- 11:55 a.m. — Meet with a faculty member
- 12:20 p.m. — Individual appointment with an admissions counselor
Evening virtual visit
Starts at 7 p.m. CST
- 7 p.m. — Welcome and introductions
- 7:35-7:55 p.m. — Student panel
- 7:55 p.m. — Meet with a faculty member
- 8:20 p.m. — Individual appointment with an admissions counselor
What’s in it for you?
Along with some fun new information, complete the visit and we’ll send you a “Campus Visit Day In-a-Box,” which includes a t-shirt, Dordt’s signature snack mix, and more!
“I thought it was a really productive time. You get to see all the buildings. You get to see all the classrooms. You get to see the campus and after you get to meet with a professor. You get to join a Zoom call and talk with your professor.”
— Hayden, incoming freshman
In-person individual visits
We are excited to begin offering in-person individual visits again on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, starting at either 9:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. Each visit will include a tour of campus, a visit with a professor from your desired major (if available), and a meeting with an admissions counselor.
The length of your visit will vary depending on how many appointments you request. Chapel is also included during a Wednesday visit. If you have specific time restrictions please let us know before you arrive on campus.
- Morning visits typically run from 9:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
- Afternoon visits typically run from 1–4:30 p.m.
We are so excited to see you!
To pick your visit date, please visit the link below and select a date on the calendar. If you don't see future dates available, check back soon or call 712-722-6093 to schedule your visit now.
Keeping you and our campus community safe is one of our greatest priorities while you’re on campus. We ask that you review the following policies we’ve put in place to help keep us all safe.
Before you visit:
- Please do not visit if you have any of the following symptoms: Fever, shortness of breath, cough, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or a new loss of taste or smell.
- Please limit the number in your visit party to only the student and the parent(s).
On your visit:
- Pardon our wave! Plan on us welcoming you with a wave instead of our usual handshake.
- We will ask for the completion of a short questionnaire from all our guests.
- We will have an infrared thermometer available and will ask for a temperature check.
- Masks are required in all buildings on campus. We will have disposable masks available if you do not have one along.
- We will have hand sanitizer available around campus for your convenience.
- Please maintain 8 feet of social distancing between yourself, other visitors, and the Dordt staff members.
Please call Dordt admissions at 712-722-6093 with any questions.