This specialization provides practical, hands-on learning experiences in teaching and leading in a distinctively Christian manner. Providing a graduate level focus on issues, research, and leadership in education, this specialization also focuses on the specific leadership principles and perspectives applicable to sport leadership.
Courses offered in 15-week semesters and 8-week summer terms.
Students may start the program during any term. Most M.Ed. students choose a two or three year plan of study during which they continue to work as a full-time educator. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a plan that fits your pace and starting point!
M.ED. Courses In Sport Leadership (30 CREDITS)
- EDUC 501 - Issues in Education (3 credits, summer, fall, spring)
- EDUC 560 - Foundations of Leadership (3 credits, fall, spring)
- EDUC 563 - Collaborative Leadership (3 credits, fall, spring)
- HHP 505 - Being the CEO of Your Program (3 credits, summer odd)
- HHP 510 - Leadership Principles in Sport (3 credits, summer odd)
- HHP 515 - Ethics and Sport (3 credits, fall even)
- HHP 520 - Christian Perspectives on Advanced Sport Psychology (3 credits, spring even)
- HHP 525 - Administration of Interscholastic Sports (3 credits, summer even)
- HHP 530 - Practicum Series (3 credits, summer, fall, spring)
Choose one of the following:
- MPA 513 - HR Management (3 credits, spring odd, I)
- MPA 514 - Public Relations (3 credits, spring even)
- MPA 515 - Project Management (3 credits, fall odd)
- MPA 552 - Grant Writing and Fundraising (3 credits, spring even)
- HHP 530 - Practicum (may be repeated once) (3 credits, summer, fall, spring)
Ready to take the next step?
Connect with us
Submit your information to request more information about Dordt and this program. We'll also use this information to connect you with your admissions counselor!
Still looking for the right fit? Here are some additional program options that we think might interest you or are often paired with this program. You can also view the programs page to keep exploring your options.