The Instructional Coach specialization consists of 12 courses in a 30 credit hour program that prepares the teacher or administrator to be a competent educational leader in the role of instructional coach.
Courses and an internship provide experience in implementing school-wide initiatives in curriculum, pedagogy, assessment, and faculty development.Request Info
The program provides practical, hands-on learning experiences in teaching and leading in a distinctively Christian manner. Coursework focuses on specific strategies for helping to shape the instructional culture of a school and promote staff professional development.
Courses offered in 15-week semesters and 8-week summer terms.
Students may start the program during any term. Most M.Ed. students choose a two or three year plan of study during which they continue to work as a full-time educator. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a plan that fits your pace and starting point!
M.ED. COURSES IN INSTRUCTIONAL COACH (30 CREDITS)
- EDUC 501 - Issues in Education (3 credits, summer, fall, spring)
- EDUC 502 - Learner Development and Principles of Learning (3 credits, summer, spring)
- EDUC 503a - Interpreting and Applying Educational Research (1.5 credits, summer, fall)
- EDUC 504 - Curriculum Development and Evaluation (3 credits, summer, fall)
- EDUC 505 - Foundations of Special Education (3 credits, summer, fall, spring)
- EDUC 506 - Best Practices in Instructional Strategies (3 credits, summer odd)
- EDUC 507 - Classroom Assessment Strategies (3 credits, fall)
- EDUC 522 - Advanced Pedagogies for Teaching Literacy (1.5 credits, spring odd)
- EDUC 523 - Advanced Pedagogies for Teaching Math (1.5 credits, summer odd)
- EDUC 551 - High Impact Coaching (3 credits, summer)
- EDUC 559 - Internship in Instructional Coaching (1.5 credits, fall, spring)
- EDUC 561- Instructional Leadership (3 credits, fall, spring)
Connect with us
Submit your information to request more information about Dordt and this program. We'll also use this information to connect you with your admissions counselor!
Still looking for the right fit? Here are some additional program options that we think might interest you or are often paired with this program. You can also view the programs page to keep exploring your options.