Dordt to host honors music recital
- Posted Wednesday, September 8, 2021
The Dordt University Music Department will present an honors recital on Friday, September 17, at 3 p.m. in the B.J. Haan Auditorium. A reception will follow the performance in the lobby.
Performers in the recital are all recipients of named music scholarships made possible by Dordt donors. These scholarships were awarded to first-year students who contributed significantly to their high school or community music programs and to upperclassmen who have contributed significantly to Dordt’s music program.
- Isabel Munson, sophomore, organ, John and Reona Reinsma Organ Scholarship
- Rachel Wordes, senior, organ, Ringerwole Organ Scholarship and Klanderman Family Organ Scholarship
- Isabel Boer, freshman, oboe, Joe J. Dahm Memorial Music Scholarship
- Abraham Hall, freshman, piano, Ringerwole Piano Scholarship
- Karli Vanden Brink, sophomore, organ, Roossien Organ Scholarship
- Jocelyn Ridgway, freshman, bassoon, Den Besten Music Scholarship
- Jenna De Jong, freshman, piano, Den Besten Music Scholarship
- Henry Hakanson, freshman, tenor, Den Besten Music Scholarship
- Jade Wolgen, senior, trumpet, John & Frances Bonnema Memorial Music Scholarship
- Jenna Hekman, freshman, soprano, Vanden Brink Freshman Music Scholarship
- Lael Bervig, junior, piano, Klanderman Family Piano Scholarship
The recital is open to the public and free of charge.
For more information about Dordt’s music program visit dordt.edu/music.
Interested in learning more about funding a scholarship? Visit dordt.edu/give.
As an institution of higher education committed to the Reformed Christian perspective, Dordt University equips students, faculty, alumni, and the broader community to work toward Christ-centered renewal in all aspects of contemporary life. Dordt, located in Sioux Center, Iowa, is a comprehensive university named to the best college lists by U.S. News and World Report, Forbes.com, The Wall Street Journal, Washington Monthly, and Princeton Review.