NAIA Makes Indoor Track and Field National Championship Plan Public
- Posted Friday, January 15, 2021
- Updated Monday, January 18, 2021
(Friday; January 15; Sioux Center, Iowa) The NAIA has announced adjustments to the Indoor Track and Field season, the NAIA National Championship site and qualification for the event.
The NAIA National Championship event will be held at the Ruth Donohoe First Dakota Fieldhouse on the Mount Marty University campus in Yankton, South Dakota, March 3-6. Due to COVID 19 regulations the event was unable to be held at its original location on the campus of South Dakota State University in Brookings, South Dakota.
- Due to the current COVID environment the following changes have been made for the meet.
- Qualification for the National meet will be limited to the top-16 athletes per event.
- Events will be held over a four days with morning, afternoon and evening sessions.
- The facility’s capacity will be limited to 250 individuals which includes athletes, coaches, officials and staff
- Athletes, coaches and officials will be screened for COVID prior to entering the facility each sessions. COVID Testing prior to and during the Championships is still being determined by the NAIA.
- No spectators will be allowed in the facility.
These are the current, known changes. More changes and adjustments may take place. Those will be communicated by the NAIA.