Update on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Posted Thursday, March 12, 2020
As of the evening of Thursday, March 12, Dordt University will provide an update on decisions related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We join in the extraordinary efforts of national and global communities to limit the spread of COVID-19. Dordt’s primary concern is the health and safety of our students, employees, and the broader community. Our planning is taking into account academic continuity for our students. For the latest information, please visit our "COVID-19 Communication" webpage.
Dordt students are currently on spring break through Monday, March 16.
Please keep our institution in prayer as we determine next steps. Regardless of circumstances, our confidence lies in a sovereign God whose plans transcend human understanding and gives us hope for the future, no matter what that holds.
Dordt University’s Crisis Management Team continues to consider a measured and multifaceted approach, including:
- Considerations for student and faculty travel, including mission trips and study-abroad programs. We are working with our international educational partners regarding next steps.
- Educational options in the event of the widespread North American outbreak.
- Ongoing health education for students, faculty, and staff.
- Preventative measures on campus and in the community, including isolation of infected individuals.
As of March 11 at 12 p.m., the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) announced that, effective immediately, it will be canceling all remaining winter championship events, including those that are currently underway. To learn more, please see their press release.
We ask that you join us as we pray for all those affected by COVID-19 throughout the world.
Chief Administrative Officer