Early Childhood Education
The Early Childhood Education specialization consists of 12 courses in a 30 semester hour program that can provide an educator with an early childhood endorsement on the teaching license and prepares the teacher or administrator to be a competent professional and leader in early childhood educational programming.Request Info
The program provides practical, hands-on learning experiences in teaching and leading in a distinctively Christian manner. Coursework focuses on specific strategies for assessing and addressing early childhood development and instruction in an educational environment.
Courses and field hours provide experience in developing an effective early childhood program. Additional focus is on working with professionals and parents to maximize early educational development opportunities for very young children.
Courses offered in 15-week semesters and 8-week summer terms.
Students may start the program during any term. Most M.Ed. students choose a two or three year plan of study during which they continue to work as a full-time educator. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a plan that fits your pace and starting point!
M.ED. COURSES IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (30 CREDITS)
- EDUC 501 - Issues in Education (3 credits, summer, fall, spring)
- EDUC 502 - Learner Development and Principles of Learning (3 credits, summer, spring)
- EDUC 503a - Interpreting and Applying Educational Research (1.5 credits, summer, fall)
- EDUC 505 - Foundations of Special Education (3 credits, summer, fall, spring)
- EDUC 508 - Teaching and Learning with Technology (3 credits, spring)
- EDUC 511 - Assessment of Learning Difficulties (3 credits, fall even)
- EDUC 512 - Advanced Behavioral and Social Interventions for Exceptional Children (3 credits, summer odd)
- EDUC 513 - Instructional Decisions (3 credits, spring even)
- EDUC 522 - Advanced Pedagogies for Teaching Literacy (1.5 credits, spring odd)
- EDUC 531 - Introduction to Early Childhood Education and Curriculum (3 credits, summer even)
- EDUC 532 - Organization and Administration of Early Childhood Education (1.5 credits, summer odd)
- EDUC 533 - Infant and Toddler Education (1.5 credits, fall odd)
Ready to take the next step?
Connect with us
Submit your information to request more information about Dordt and this program. We'll also use this information to connect you with your admissions counselor!
Still looking for the right fit? Here are some additional program options that we think might interest you or are often paired with this program. You can also view the programs page to keep exploring your options.