- Services & Support
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Skills Center
- Andreas Center
- Business Office
- Campus Health Services
- Career Development Center
- Center for Economic Education
- Church Relations
- Campus Life
- Dordt College News
NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Lady Defender Runners Qualify For National Meet Marathon
December 15, 2003Two Dordt College Lady Defender runners have qualified for the NAIA national marathon to be run in May in conjunction with the national outdoor track and field meet. To qualify the runners had to beat a time of 1:33:00 at a half marathon run at Fremont, Nebraska on Saturday, December 13.
Making the cut were Kate Reinsma and Leah Kooiker. Reinsma finished the half marathon in 1:26:28, good for fourth place. Kooiker made it just under the wire with a time of 1:32:24 for eleventh place. This is the second year in a row Reinsma has qualified for the marathon, finishing seventh last year in the national meet.
Reinsma is a senior from Colorado Springs, Colorado while Kooiker is a junior from Orange City, Iowa.
Jeff Taylor, a senior from Brampton, Ontario finished 24th in the men's race, failing to qualify in a time of 1:26:29.
The NAIA national outdoor track and field meet will be run May 27-29 at Louisville, Kentucky.
Media Access: Download Word Version
- Calendar of Events
- revealWeek of Welcome
- revealAg Summit 2015
- Commencement Ceremonies
- revealDay of Encouragement
- revealDefender Days
- revealDordt College Math Challenge
- revealDordt Discovery Days
- revealFirst Mondays Speaker Series
- revealIowa Conference on Presidential Politics
- Math on the Northern Plains
- Math Teachers' Circle
- News Archive
- revealPrairie Grass Challenge
- Science/Technology Building Expansion
- revealSpecial Events & Facility Rental
- revealSports Camps & Clinics
- Summer Camps
- revealSummer Seminars
- Tour of Africa
- Worship Arts Seminars