NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Gradert is new Events Director at Dordt College
September 11, 2009
Sharla Gradert, Ireton, has been hired to pioneer a new position at Dordt College, the role of Events and Auxiliary Services Director.
As such, she will:
• Market and promote Dordt College as a venue for conferences and events;
• Coordinate all services needed for events, including audio visual equipment and lodging;
• Oversee the calendar of events;
• Schedule public spaces and coordinate room reservations;
• Work together with the bookstore manager, campus technician and technical services manager, dining services, and others who had previously collectively carried out these multiple functions across campus.
Dordt’s aim in creating the event planning position is to provide a single go-to person for working out every detail when special events and conferences are hosted on campus.
“I’m here to do the legwork,” says Gradert. She’s excited about the opportunity to show those not familiar with Dordt all that the college has to offer. “We can provide food, lodging, printing, technology, and we can do it at a competitive price,” says Gradert.
Gradert is a Dordt alumna who majored in communication, with an emphasis in radio and TV, and a minor in business administration. She has worked in the brokerage and banking industries; been employed in radio/TV in Sioux City; served as editor for the Ireton Examiner weekly newspaper; and worked in public relations at the Center for Siouxland in Sioux City.
Sharla and her husband, Brian, have three sons: Kenyon and Kameron are students at Dordt, while Kolton attends Ireton Christian School.
Anyone who would like to know more about having a conference, family reunion, wedding, or other type of special event on Dordt’s campus can contact Gradert at712-722-6303.