- Services & Support
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Skills Center
- Andreas Center
- Business Office
- Campus Health Services
- Career Development Center
- Center for Economic Education
- Church Relations
- Campus Life
- Dordt College News
NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Dordt joins program to assist military veterans
August 6, 2009
Dordt College has joined the Yellow Ribbon Program, a federal effort to help military veterans attend college.
Dordt has agreed to admit 10 students under the Yellow Ribbon Program and will contribute $5,000 per student per year.
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008.
It allows degree-granting institutions to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the Veterans Administration to pay tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate.
The institution can contribute up to 50 percent of those expenses, and the VA will match the same amount as the institution.
In its original form, the bill provided full government-paid tuition only to veterans attending public universities. The Yellow Ribbon Program was added to the bill to accommodate veterans at private institutions.
Visit http://www.gibill.va.gov for general information about the program.
- Calendar of Events
- revealWeek of Welcome
- revealAg Summit 2015
- Business as Mission
- Commencement Ceremonies
- revealDay of Encouragement
- revealDefender Days
- revealDordt College Math Challenge
- revealDordt Discovery Days
- revealFirst Mondays Speaker Series
- revealIowa Conference on Presidential Politics
- Math on the Northern Plains
- Math Teachers' Circle
- News Archive
- revealPrairie Grass Challenge
- Science/Technology Building Expansion
- revealSpecial Events & Facility Rental
- revealSports Camps & Clinics
- Summer Camps
- revealSummer Seminars
- Tour of Africa
- Worship Arts Seminars