- Services & Support
- Academic Affairs
- Academic Skills Center
- Andreas Center
- Business Office
- Campus Health Services
- Career Development Center
- Computer Services
- Campus Life
- Dordt College News
NEWS & EVENTS
Dordt College News
Dordt College Basketball Earns Berth in National Tournament
February 28, 2006The Dordt College men's basketball team earned their second ever trip to the NAIA men's national basketball tournament beginning March 8 at Point Lookout, Missouri, hosted by the College of the Ozarks.
The Defenders earn the berth by virtue of the seventh at-large berth awarded after the 23 automatic qualifiers were determined for the 32-team tournament.
Dordt ended the season as the fourth place team in the Great Plains Athletic Conference with a 12-6 record and was the runner-up in the post-season tournament, posting a 22-9 record, the second highest win total ever for a Dordt College men's team.
Dordt's only other trip to the national tournament came in 1988 when the Defenders advanced to the quarterfinal round of the then single division tournament.
Pairings and times for games at the Division II tournament will be announced Wednesday, March 1 by the NAIA.
Media Access: Download Word Version
- Calendar of Events
- Week of Welcome
- revealCivil War Learning Vacation
- Commencement Ceremonies
- revealDay of Encouragement
- revealDefender Days
- revealDordt Discovery Days
- revealFirst Mondays Speaker Series
- revealGreat Plains Math League High School Competition
- revealMedia Camp
- News Archive
- revealPrairie Grass Challenge
- Science/Technology Building Expansion
- revealSpecial Events & Facility Rental
- revealSports Camps & Clinics
- Summer Camps
- revealSummer Seminars
- Tour of Africa