Statistics Program Profile
The purpose of the Dordt University statistics program is to promote human flourishing through the study of statistics, cultivating student learning through active engagement, creative problem solving, and meaningful application.More about Statistics
- We cultivate a friendly, welcoming community of students and faculty.
- We invite students to pursue with us a deep understanding of statistics as a part of God’s creation.
- We foster engaging classroom environments where students actively learn.
- We provide hands-on experiences where students partner with faculty in research and teaching equipping them for life after Dordt.
A graduate of the Dordt University statistics program is:
- A communicator: Can clearly communicate data oriented ideas to a variety of audiences.
- An explorer: Has developed a curiosity to ask questions and the skills to investigate them.
- A connector: Can translate real-world questions into statistical models and use data to provide answers.
- A learner: Has a knowledge of the foundations of statistical thinking and leverages it to explore new areas.
- An ambassador: Can share the joy and utility of statistics to promote a Biblical perspective about its place in God’s creation.