Amount: Up to $9,500 (FR)
Amount: The Federal Direct Stafford Loan Program may provide the following amounts in combination of Subsidized and Unsubsidized:
- $5,500 for dependent first-year students
$9,500 for independent first-year students
- $6,500 for dependent second-year students
$10,500 for independent second-year students
- $7,500 for dependent students finishing the rest of their program
$12,500 for independent students finishing the rest of their program
Students who demonstrate need and are attending at least half time (6 credit hours) are eligible. The loans are interest free while the student is attending school. Interest rate is determined by the Dept. of Education prior to the beginning of the new school year, usually around July 1st. Repayment begins six months after the student ceases at least half time enrollment.
All new students who are eligible for a Federal Stafford Loan (even those who do not plan to take it) are required to complete an entrance counseling session. This session will ensure that you understand your responsibilities as a student loan borrower and is required in order to receive the money for your Stafford Loan.
Click here to complete the counseling session.
- A brochure with more information about Stafford Loans.
- Complete the Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note.
- Download the Stafford Loan Information Form.
Federal Student Code
Our Federal Student Code is: #001859