Dr. Ryan Zonnefeld
Professor of Education
I had the privilege of joining the Dordt University education department faculty in 2009. In my years at Dordt, I have taught a number of undergraduate courses including Introduction to Education, Methods of Teaching Mathematics, Applied Educational Psychology, and Kingdom Identity Calling. I have also taught graduate courses in Foundations of Educational Leadership and Collaborative Leadership.
I currently serve as the Associate Dean for Curriculum & Instruction and the Director of Assessment. My areas of interest include educational leadership, assessment, and mathematics education. I live in Sioux Center with my wife, Valorie, Professor of Mathematics at Dordt University.
- Ph.D. in Education with a specialization in Educational Leadership, Iowa State University, 2009.
- M.A. in Educational Administration (Elementary), University of South Dakota, 2001.
- B.A. in Elementary Education and K-12 Choral/Instrumental Music Education, Dordt University, 1997.
- Three years higher education teaching experience at Northwestern College in Orange City, IA.
- Nine years of teaching and administrative experience in elementary and middle school settings.