Dr. Channon Visscher
Associate Professor of Chemistry and Planetary Sciences
- B.A., Dordt College, (2000) Chemistry
- M.A., Washington University in St. Louis (2002), Earth & Planetary Sciences
- Ph.D. Washington University in St. Louis (2006), Earth & Planetary Sciences
- Postdoctoral Fellow (2008-2011) Lunar and Planetary Institute, Houston, TX
- Research Scientist (2011-2013) Southwest Research Institute, Boulder, CO
- Associate Professor (2013-present) Dordt University, Sioux Center, IA
- Research Scientist (2016-present) Space Science Institute, Boulder, CO
Areas of Interest
- Teaching in general chemistry, thermodynamics & kinetics, astronomy, and the Earth & planetary sciences.
- Origins stories and the relationship between science and religion
- Chemical modelling of planetary and astrophysical environments and the formation and history of planetary systems.
More information about Dr. Visscher's planetary chemistry research can be found here.