Dordt Discovery Days
About this event
Dordt Discovery Days is a five-day camp for students who have completed 6th, 7th or 8th grades and wish to explore new interests or dive deeper into familiar ones. Students choose a morning and an afternoon class in the arts, sciences, humanities, and sometimes recreational sports or activities. Students meet new friends from a variety of places and backgrounds. They live and learn together in Christian community. Dordt Discovery Days provides an academic and social setting that encourages all students to develop their skills and interests.
There are three enrollment options:
- Day camper: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Includes classes, lunches, snacks, t-shirt
- Commuter: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Includes classes, lunches, snacks, t-shirt, and evening meals and recreational activities
- Resident: Includes four nights in campus residence halls supervised by Dordt's student services staff, classes, meals, snacks, t-shirt, and evening recreational activities
To learn more, check out the Important Information below. Class Descriptions coming soon.
Registration opens on April 9.
- Begins at 10 a.m. CDT on April 9, 2024
- If spots are full, you can sign up to be on the waitlist which is a FREE ticket. It does not guarantee a spot, but we will assess the availability of your waitlist requests as spots open up and become available due to cancellations, etc.
- On the registration form, you can list your preferred roommate (please verify that person is coming). Dorm rooms fit two campers. Many campers go potluck so you do not have to indicate a roommate.
Liability and Medical Information
Liability Forms are due by May 1. The link will be available by registration.
Cell Phone Policy
Cell phones are not allowed at Discovery Days for any reason. We want to encourage campers to make memories and interact with other students while on campus, and we feel this is best done without a phone. Also, we are unable to monitor students’ cell phone activity, therefore it is unsafe for them to have a cell phone on campus. Any student caught with a cell phone will be required to leave camp immediately. A parent/legal guardian will need to pick up the student, no matter the time of day or night. Campers have access to the phones of Discovery Days staff to call home, if needed. They may also use the Admissions phones during the hours of 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. by asking a staff member. Parents will also be provided with Discovery Days staff cell numbers in case of an emergency.