Engineering Technology Program Profile
The purpose of the Dordt University engineering technology program is to blend hands-on learning with a strong biblical foundation and workplace skills to prepare students for service in the areas of manufacturing engineering, industrial automation, data acquisition, instrumentation, computer-controlled machining, and fabrication.More about Engineering Technology
- Dordt is committed to bringing Christ-centered renewal into all areas of life – including the manufacturing spaces. Manufacturing is not simply about machines and technology. It is about serving people and their work. Christ-following technicians and
engineers understand who they serve and why they serve.
- We offer state-of-the-art facilities where students can get hands-on experiences related to engineering technology.
- Our faculty have over 70 years of combined industry experience in a wide variety of industrial settings and a strong understanding of what skill sets are most important to employers.
- Internships are an integral part of students' learning in the engineering technology program. Engineering technology students complete paid internships at companies such as Siouxland Machine Inc., Pella Corporation, Vermeer Corporation, Kooima Company, and more.
- To equip students to faithfully seek to create good workplaces and good products, from the good creation that God calls us to care for.
- To prepare students for service in the areas of manufacturing engineering, industrial automation, data acquisition, instrumentation, computer-controlled machining, and fabrication.
- To help students to strengthen all their gifts, through participation in worship teams, athletics programs, music, theatre, and other areas of learning and service. Educating the entirety of who God created us to be is what the Dordt Christian learning community is all about.