Computer Science/Mathematics Program Profile
The purpose of the Dordt University Joint Mathematics and Computer Science program is to promote human flourishing through the study of mathematics and computer science, cultivating student learning through active engagement, creative problem solving and programming, and meaningful application.More about Computer Science/Mathematics
- We cultivate a friendly, welcoming community of students and faculty.
- We invite students to pursue with us a deep understanding of mathematics and computer science as a part of God’s creation.
- We foster engaging classroom environments where students actively learn.
- We provide hands-on experiences where students partner with faculty in research and teaching equipping them for life after Dordt.
A graduate of the Dordt University mathematics and computer science program is:
- A communicator: Can clearly communicate mathematical and computing ideas to a variety of audiences.
- An explorer: Has developed a curiosity to ask questions and the skills to investigate them.
- A connector: Can translate real-world questions into models and solve them with mathematical tools and through programming.
- A learner: Has a foundational knowledge of mathematics and computer science and leverages it to inquire about new fields.
- An ambassador: Can share the joy of mathematics and programming to promote a Biblical perspective about its place in God’s creation.