Agriculture Program Profile
Our mission is to use a biblical foundation, theoretical knowledge, and applied experiences to prepare students to honor God through lives of service and leadership in agriculture.More about Agriculture
- Courses and applied experiences are taught with a strong reformed, Christian perspective.
- Our international connections enable students to learn about alternative agricultural practices and develop a passion for service.
- Strong curricular quality and a variety of program options allow students to tailor their learning.
- Our resources and facilities (e.g., Agricultural Stewardship Center) give students hands-on learning and research opportunities with both plants and animals.
- Our collaborative community relationships enhance classroom learning, provide internship options, and provide faculty with regional teaching opportunities.
Students will be able to
- identify and analyze the impact of competing worldviews in the field of agriculture
- demonstrate a broad agricultural literacy encompassing the areas of business principles, science, agricultural theory and application, history, and environmental impact
- examine theories affecting agriculture and connect the theories through applied experiences and application in agriculture
- implement biblically faithful, "serviceable" action through their calling both in and outside the workplace