The Chorale is the largest of the choral ensembles at Dordt with nearly 100 members. Incoming first-year students audition for the Chorale, yet it includes singers from all class levels. They explore varied selections of music, and also give specific attention to the development of vocal technique and ensemble singing skills.
Recent repertoire include:
- Be Still and Know, Trotta
- I Got a Hog and a Pig, American Traditional, arr. Wykoff
- Bright Mansions, African-American Spiritual, arr. Scott
- Who Can Sail Without the Wind?, Traditional Swedish, arr. Forrest
- Tantsulaul (Dancing Song), Traditional Estonian, arr. Tormis
- Tumbalalayka, Yiddish Folksong, arr. Kaulkin
- Justice, O God, Mendelssohn
- We Gather Together, Traditional Dutch, arr. Paulus
- Ev'ry Time I Feel the Spirit, Traditional Spiritual, arr. Dawson
- Cornerstone, Kirchner
Anyone interested in visiting a rehearsal of the Dordt Chorale can come to the choir room Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1 to 1:50 p.m. Prospective students are encouraged to apply for scholarships. To receive more information, please fill out this form.