The Instructional Strategist II program provides practical, hands-on learning experiences in teaching and leading in a distinctively Christian manner. Coursework focuses on specific strategies for assessing and addressing learning and behavioral difficulties of various types. Courses provide experience in developing instructional strategies, inclusion opportunities, behavior interventions, and working with professionals and parents to maximize learning opportunities for children. Optional courses in Applied Behavior Analysis may be added to qualify for the BCBA certification exam.
Students who are interested in adding a special education teaching endorsement to their Iowa teaching license may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Endorsement options include:
K-12 Instructional Strategist II: Behavior Disorders/Learning Disabilities (263)
This track consists of 11 courses in a 30-credit-hour specialization that prepares the teacher or administrator to be a competent leader in special education roles.
M.SPED. Instructional Strategist II Courses (30 CREDITS)
- EDUC 501 Issues in Education (3 Credits)
- EDUC 502 Learner Development and Principles of Learning (3 Credits)
- EDUC 505 Foundations of Special Education (3 Credits)
- EDUC 515 Assessment of Behavior and Learning Difficulties (3 Credits)
- EDUC 516 Advanced Behavioral and Social Interventions for Exceptional Children (3 Credits)
- EDUC 517 Instructional Decisions (3 Credits)
- EDUC 518 Transitional Support & Collaborative Partnerships (3 Credits)
- EDUC 522 Advanced Pedagogies for Teaching Literacy (1.5 Credits)
- EDUC 523 Advanced Pedagogies for Teaching Math (1.5 Credits)
- SPED 611 Foundations of ABA (3 Credits)
- SPED 613 Experimental Design and Interpretation of Data (3 Credits)
Connect with us
Submit your information to request more information about Dordt and this program. We'll also use this information to connect you with your admissions counselor!
Still looking for the right fit? Here are some additional program options that we think might interest you or are often paired with this program. You can also view the programs page to keep exploring your options.