Dordt's graduate courses are designed to fit the schedule of full-time professionals and provide a high-quality, faith-infused program that will powerfully contribute to your professional growth. You'll take courses online throughout the year. Our programs allow you to earn your degree in as little as two or three years.
- Master of Education with specializations in Developmental Reading, Early Childhood Education, Educational Technology, Instructional Coach, Special Education, Teacher Leadership, School Leadership, and Sport Leadership. Courses are taken in the fall, spring, and summer terms.
- Master of Public Administration with focus areas in criminal justice/police administration, city management, and non-profit leadership. Courses are offered in a six-week format during six terms each year.
- Master of Social Work prepares social workers for professional positions in non-profit agencies, counseling clinics, schools, and government agencies. Courses are offered in the fall, spring, and summer terms.
- Master of Special Education provides practical, hands-on learning experiences that empower students to assess and address learning and behavioral difficulties. Students learn to develop instructional strategies, inclusion opportunities, and behavior interventions to maximize learning opportunities for children.
ABA Course Sequence
- ABA Course Sequence prepare for certification as a BCBA (board certified behavior analyst) with Dordt University's affordable, online ABA Course Sequence.
A Christian program
Dordt infuses every course with biblical perspectives built on the Reformed faith. Students from all faith backgrounds and employment situations are welcome in Dordt's courses. Graduates of the Dordt M.Ed. program will be able to articulate their worldview within their classrooms, schools, and communities. Graduates of the Dordt MPA program will be able to articulate Christian perspectives on city management, police administration, and other public administration roles. Similarly, graduates of the social work program will be able to provide agency work and counseling through a biblical lens.
A High-Quality Education
Dordt is highly ranked for academic quality and student engagement. A majority of the courses in the graduate programs are taught by full-time faculty members with doctorates and years of relevant professional experience. Other courses are taught by exceptionally-qualified instructors with years of recent work experiences directly related to the course topics.
All graduate courses at Dordt are fully online. Dordt uses the Canvas learning management system and provides year-round technical support for student access and convenience. All graduate faculty have training in online teaching and online course design and receive online course design consultation from our full-time online support staff. Many courses use synchronous class meeting software such as Zoom or GoToMeeting with different meeting time options for students.
Dordt adheres to best practices in online course design, using industry standards focused on quality course design, clear learning outcomes, effective assessments, active learner interaction, and responsive learner support. All online courses must be approved using these standards by the Director of Online Learning. Dordt does not buy its curriculum from a third party. Dordt is an approved institution by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA).
Flexible for working professionals
The graduate programs are designed for working professionals who have adult lives, such as a family, church commitments, and summer involvements. You will:
- Be given an individualized two or three-year plan of study
- Set your own pace
- Start the program in the summer, fall, or spring
- Register yourself online and adjust your plan online
Coursework is mostly asynchronous with weekly discussion forums and projects, but there are multiple opportunities for synchronous video meetings to hear from the instructor and to collaborate with other students.
an affordable option
Dordt's master’s programs are some of the least expensive graduate programs in the country. There will be a one-time technology fee and some graduation fee options, but there are no application or registration fees. Our flexible scheduling allows you to complete the program at a more relaxed pace if you want to hold costs to a minimum. See the specific program pages for the current tuition rates.
For six years in a row, Dordt has been named #1 in the nation in student engagement by the Wall Street Journal and the Times Higher Education. Our graduate programs use 24/7 technologies that allow you to communicate with faculty and other students to work on presentations, discussion posts, peer reviews, podcasts, etc. at any time that works well with your busy schedules. Shared folders and discussion forums allow peer-to-peer asynchronous collaboration. Zoom meetings and other video conferencing tools allow synchronous group planning meetings, project work, and larger-group discussions.
a practical purpose
Each course is carefully designed to provide hands-on assignment options that allow students to focus their energies on relevant projects that they really need and will really use in their professional roles. Whether you’re a social worker, statistician, chief of police, classroom teacher, city manager, school administrator, or non-profit director (or just want to be one of these); whatever the focus, there's a way to address it practically, relevantly, and usefully in every course.