Dr. Jeremy Perigo
Director of Campus Ministries & Worship Arts
Phone: (712) 722-6071
- Doctor of Worship Studies, Robert E. Webber Institute for Worship Studies
- M.A. in Practical Theology, Regent University
- B.S. in Management, Purdue University
I have spent much of my public ministry helping catalyze worship and prayer in Christian-minority contexts. As a worship leader, I have served in a number of multicultural, local churches across many streams and denominations. Though I have ministered with leading worship artists, I am also honored to be able to worship with and train leaders in Kurdish house churches in Northern Iraq and new church plants in Turkey.
At Dordt, I come alive facilitating dynamic learning environments tailored to meet students’ unique learning styles and backgrounds. I love serving in Campus Ministries where we support student growth and provide opportunities to encounter God together.
I am a visiting lecturer at London School of Theology where I served as head of theology, music and worship programs for six years. I also teach pastors and ministry leaders at Regent University and Northern Seminary. I minister internationally as a worship leader, preacher and theological educator. My most recent saxophone project, London Christmas Session, features jazz arrangements of carols recorded in London.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION & RESEARCH
Global Ecclesial Practices, Global Evangelical Liturgical Theology, Christian Church in Minority Contexts, Issues Affecting Contemporary Worship
Foundations of Worship, Praxis & Worship, Worship in Contemporary Context, Psalms, Hymns & Spiritual Songs, Engaging Mission & Ministry, Foundations of Mission & Ministry, Engaging World Religions
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS & DISCOGRAPHY
- “Music in the Middle East” in Kurian, George and Lamport, Mark, eds. Encyclopedia of Christianity in the Global South. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2018.
- Review of Stace’s Secular Music, Sacred Space in Evangelical Quarterly.
- “Indigenous Praise Goes Up as the Spirit Comes Down” in Burn 24/7: A Collision of Global Worship and the Great Commission
- Jeremy Perigo’s London Christmas Sessions
- Jeremy Perigo’s Worship Sessions from the Road
- Relationships' Jazz Worship
- Jeremy Perigo’s Grace and Glory
- Jeremy Perigo’s Spontaneous Songs Vol. 1
- Paul Anleitner’s Spontaneous Live Collection, Vol. 1
- Burn 7/24 Türkiye’s Birak Yağsın
- Burn 24-7’s Live from the Furnace
- Jazz Education Network
- The Hymn Society in the United States & Canada
- Society for Pentecostal Studies
- Evangelical Missiological Society
- Lifeforming Leadership Coaching
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Global Ethnodoxology Network
- One Focus Network (Ordained Minister)