About the Course
This online, two-semester course is designed to support:
• Teachers who did not experience the TfT training during the implementation years
• Administrators who are new to TfT schools
• Experienced teachers who would like a refresher while earning graduate credits
The course structure provides opportunities for teachers to design learning that invites, nurtures, and empowers their students to explore and live into their kingdom roles.
The course can be taken for three graduate credits or two licensing renewal credits.
Component #1: EDUC 556/500-TFT-1
This is the fall semester online component. The class schedule for this course alternates between asynchronous module work and synchronous coaching sessions.
The purpose of this component is to give participants opportunities to learn and practice all three core practices of Teaching for Transformation and to learn and practice essential practices of effective teaching and learning.
EDUC 556 is modeled after Days 1-4 of full implementation TfT training.
This course will result in these successful elements:
- A well-developed Deep Hope that invites student voice and reflection and is reflected in a document panel
- A well-developed Storyline that connects directly to learning and ways of being in the classroom and is reflected in a document panel
- A reframed or reimagined learning experience that allows students to do real work to meet real needs of real people and is reflected in a document panel (Throughlines + FLEx)
Component #2: EDUC 557/500-TFT-2
This is the spring semester online component. The class schedule for this course alternates between asynchronous module work and synchronous coaching sessions.
The purpose of this component is to give participants opportunities to deepen their work in the three core practices through a refinement and enhancement process.
This course will also continue to develop and hone effective teaching and learning practices such as the deepening of growth mindset and the habits of learning.
EDUC 557 is modeled after Days 5-8 of full implementation TfT training.
This course will result in the following successful elements:
- A deepened and enriched Storyline and Deep Hope that invites and nurtures student ownership and connection
- A well-designed FLEx that highlights student ownership while reaching a wider community (Deeper In, Further Out)
- A well-developed and successfully implemented use of learning targets and protocols
- A deepened understanding of assessment practices that ensure student ownership of learning
Start and end dates for upcoming semesters can be found on the Dordt University Academic Calendar.
Credits and Tuition
|TfT Course for Graduate Credits|
|Catalog Number||EDUC 556||EDUC 557|
|Tuition*||$563 ($375/credit)||$563 ($375/credit)|
|TfT School Tuition*||$281.25**||$281.25**|
|TfT Course for Licensure Renewal Credits|
* Listed tuition is for the 2021-22 academic year and is subject to change.
** Listed tuition reflects a 50 percent discount for teachers at TfT Network schools.
Learn more or enroll
If you have any questions about the course, please contact:
Pat Kornelis, Course Instructor and TfT School Designer
Darryl DeBoer, Director of Teaching for Transformation
Timothy Van Soelen, Director of CACE
To enroll in the course for graduate Credits:
1. Fill out this online application.
When asked "Degree seeking?", select "No".
When asked "How did you hear about Dordt University?", enter "TfT"
2. Submit all official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
We can accept official electronic transcripts directly from institutions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We cannot accept copies forwarded from a student.
Mailed copies can be sent to:
Graduate Studies Office
700 7th Street NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
To enroll in the course for Licensure renewal Credits:
1. Fill out this online application.
2. An academic adviser will be in touch.
If you have any further questions about enrollment, contact email@example.com.
About Dordt University
Located in Sioux Center, Iowa, Dordt University is a Christian university committed to helping you serve in the real world—right now, today.
The Wall Street Journal and Times Higher Education have consistently ranked Dordt #1 in student engagement, so you know you can expect to experience a Christian community that builds you up and pushes you to grow when you begin your studies at Dordt University.