Dordt to host Christian sports summit June 4
- Posted Tuesday, February 16, 2021
On Friday, June 4, Dordt University will host the Game Changer Christian Sports Summit. The vision of the summit is to equip and inspire current and future athletic directors, coaches, and teachers in faith leadership. The event begins at 8 a.m. with a grab-and-go breakfast and registration.
The summit will host eight keynote speakers:
- Brock Huard, former NFL player, Fox Sports announcer
- Wayne Simien, former NBA player, University of Kansas All-American
- Brian Bolt, author of Sport. Faith. Life., golf coach and faculty member, Calvin University
- Ron Brown, director of player development at University of Nebraska
- Nancy Metcalf, former volleyball Olympian
- Rob Miller, partner in Proactive Coaching
- Micah Parker, founder of Trust Guy Ministries, vice president for athletics, Northwestern College
- Brian Smith, partner in Athletes in Action
The event will also include breakout sessions addressing topics such as: mental health, teaching students to be responsible on social media, the parent and coach relationship playbook, and building a championship Christian culture.
To register visit: dordt.edu/game-changer
Registration prior to May 1, 2021
- Professional: $125
- Student: $50
Registration after May 1, 2021
- Professional: $150
- Student: $60
*If the event is required to transition to a virtual format due to Covid-19, registration will be refunded for those who request it. Otherwise, the conference will continue virtually and the cost will be adjusted accordingly.
As an institution of higher education committed to the Reformed Christian perspective, Dordt University equips students, faculty, alumni, and the broader community to work toward Christ-centered renewal in all aspects of contemporary life. Dordt, located in Sioux Center, Iowa, is a comprehensive university named to the best college lists by The Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com, Washington Monthly, and Princeton Review.