Dordt Campus Ministries and Worship Arts to lead service for worship symposium
- Posted Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Dordt University’s Worship Arts program and Campus Ministries team will lead a worship service for the 2021 Calvin Virtual Worship Symposium on Thursday, January 21. Registration for the conference is free.
“It is a huge honor to lead for this global worship conference this year,” says Dr. Jeremy Perigo, director of campus ministries and worship arts. “In previous years, our Worship Arts students have been enriched by attending the conference, and this year we are excited that our students have been able to lead worship for this gathering.”
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the team recorded a service in Dordt’s B.J. Haan Auditorium, which will then be shared with the conference on January 21.
Dordt students and staff participated in the event:
- Dordt worship ensemble: Director of Campus Ministries and Worship Arts Dr. Jeremy Perigo, Worship Arts Technical Director Alex Priore, and students Damon Groen, Aaron Medberry, Abraham Vasquez, Daniel Ketchelos, Aftyn Vermeer, and Emily Wedel
- Service Leaders: Dr. Jeremy Perigo, Pastoral Care Assistant Rev. Angela Perigo, Chief of Staff and Dean of Chapel Rev. Aaron Baart, and Aaron Medberry
- Technical Support: Students Daniel Ketchelos, Annabelle Hosmer, Jase Nicklas, Lydia Sohre, and Caleb Kaul
- Camera Operators: Students Noah Diest, Josiah Culpepper, and Nicholas Hembrough
- Video Editor: Nicholas Hembrough
- Audio Engineer: Alex Priore
“It is such a delight that we get to share what God is doing in our midst in worship to a global audience,” says Perigo. “We would love to have the Dordt community join with us in worship on January 21.”
As an institution of higher education committed to the Reformed Christian perspective, Dordt University equips students, faculty, alumni, and the broader community to work toward Christ-centered renewal in all aspects of contemporary life. Dordt, located in Sioux Center, Iowa, is a comprehensive university named to the best college lists by The Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com, Washington Monthly, and Princeton Review.