Dordt University and the Andreas Center to host conference on executive leadership for the common good
- Posted Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Dordt University and the Andreas Center will be hosting the Presidential Politics Conference of Iowa (PPCI) from Thursday, October 24 to Saturday, October 26.
PPCI is a national, cross-disciplinary event. It will be the second quadrennial meeting of scholars focusing on presidential elections and presidential power. Its underlying theme is executive leadership for the common good.
The event’s main speakers include:
- John Inazu, the Sally D. Danforth Distinguished Professor of Law and Religion at Washington University in St. Louis,
- Michael Wear, chief strategist and member of the executive leadership team for the AND Campaign,
- Emma Green, staff writer at The Atlantic, where she covers politics, policy, and religion,
- Daniel McCarthy, director of the Robert Novak Journalism Fellowship Program at the Fund for American Studies.
Additionally, the conference will include 30 paper presentations from a variety of professors and professionals covering topics in history, political science, communication, and more. Admiral Joe Sestak, a Democratic presidential candidate and former congressman from Pennsylvania, is scheduled to speak. Tulsi Gabbard, a U.S. Representative (D-HI), major in the Hawaii Army National Guard, and former vice chair of the Democratic National Committee, will also speak. Many other presidential campaigns have been invited to participate; additional speakers will be announced as their schedules are solidified.
For more information, visit https://theandreascenter.org/ppci/.