Music ensemble presents performance and masterclass in B.J. Haan
- Posted Monday, April 15, 2019
A guest performance by Lumedia Musicworks will take place on Friday, April 26, at 7:30 p.m. in the B.J. Haan Auditorium.
Lumedia Musicworks is currently the only baroque ensemble in the world that specializes in cinematic music video production alongside unique and creative live show experiences. The group is comprised of first-class artists from North and Central Texas, joining a vision to spark a change in the presentation of classical music with new collaborations and fresh multi-media ideas.
Lumedia, derived from the words “lumen” for light and “media” for mass communication, is an early music ensemble founded by soprano Julianna Emanski, who presented a recital at Dordt College in 2017. The group is the only early music ensemble dedicating half its season output to creating cinematic music videos in addition to innovative and engaging live performances. Unlike traditional ensembles, Lumedia makes their content accessible at little to no cost.
Members of Lumedia Musicworks include the following:
- Julianna Emanski, soprano (artistic director of Lumedia)
- Stephanie Raby, baroque violin and more (instrumental director of Lumedia)
- Christopher Phillpott, baroque cello and Gamba (continuo director of Lumedia)
- Eliza Polly Smith, soprano (video director for Lumedia)
- Drew Sutherland (audio engineer/video for Lumedia)
The group hopes to return early music to popular and often untraditional environments where it can be enjoyed, appreciated, and understood by new audiences.
More information can be found on their website at https://www.lumediamusicworks.com/about
The performance is free and open to the public.