Application Deadline: Application deadline for Summer 2020 program is January 31, 2020.
Who is Eligible to Apply:
- Students who have not received a 4-year undergraduate degree by Summer 2020 are eligible to apply for this REU
- Students who are a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident of the US are eligible to apply for this REU – international students are not eligible for this REU
- Students from institutions other than Dordt University are eligible – and encouraged – to apply for this REU
Questions: Please email with any questions about the application process.
A completed application consists of 4 components: (1) General Information (2) Transcript (3) Letter of Recommendation (4) Essay Response.
These 4 components are described below:
- Please complete the application. This section includes basic demographic and educational information. *Please note: If prompted, continue application as an Internal Applicant.
It will be easiest to upload all of the documents listed below in the same application session. If you need to add additional documents at a later time, you will be able to attach them to the e-mail you will receive upon submitting your application. The following documents must be in PDF Format.
- Undergraduate Transcript: Please include a copy of your undergraduate transcript to date (an unofficial version is acceptable). The transcript should include course name and grade earned, as well as the name of the institution where the courses were taken. This document should be named Last_First_Transcript.
- Letter of Recommendation: Please have at least one individual (typically a faculty member) write a letter of recommendation in support of your application. One of the key items they should address is their knowledge of your ability to work in a group. This document should be named Last_First_Letter and may be submitted here.
**Letters of Recommendation that are e-mailed directly must be received by the application deadline in order to be considered.
- Essay Response: The essay is a critical component of your application. While there is no required format, please include headings for the areas listed below, along with sections for other topics you wish to address. This document should be named Last_First_Essay.
The application essay should be no more than three pages single-spaced and include answers to the following questions:
- What are your primary fields of study in college, and what excites you about that/those field(s)?
- What are your career plans?
- If you are a BS/BA student, is a Ph.D./MS or other graduate school in those plans?
- If you are an AA student, is a BS/BA in those plans?
- What excites you about the prospect of doing research for the summer? Why do you want to do research?