Application Deadline: January 31, 2017. Applications are reviewed as they are received, so please submit your application materials as soon as you are able.
A completed application consists of 4 components: (1) Application cover page, (2) undergraduate transcript, (3) a letter of recommendation from a reference, and (4) application essay. These four components are described below
Component 1 will automatically be forwarded to the appropriate person. Components 2 through 4 each have their own upload link. You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your completed application when all 4 components have been received.
- Application cover page: Please complete the Application Cover Page.
** Part of the application cover page requires a reference (typically a faculty member) who will write a letter of recommendation on your behalf (component 3).
- Undergraduate transcript: Please include a copy of your undergraduate transcript to date (an unofficial version is fine). The transcript should include course name and grade earned, as well as the name of the institution where the courses were taken. Upload transcript.
- Letter of recommendation: Please have at least one individual (typically a faculty member) write a letter of recommendation in support of your application. Please provide the faculty member with this link where they will upload their letter of recommendation.
- Application essay: Upload application essay. The application essay should be no more than three pages single spaced and include answers to the following questions:
- What excites you about your primary fields of study in college? What are those fields?
- What are your career plans?
- If you are a BS/BA student, is a Ph.D./MS or other graduate school in those plans?
- If you are an AA student, is a BS/BA in those plans
- What excites you about the prospect of doing research for the summer? Why do you want to do research?
- What relevant courses and other training have you had and how has it prepared you for research? What other relevant skills do you possess?
- Please include some information about yourself personally, not only personality/traits, but also hobbies and interests outside of your studies.
The essay is a critical component of your application. While there is no required format, please include headings for the five areas above, along with sections for other topics you wish to address.