Sioux City Relays
The Dordt University women's track and field team won three events on the final day of competition at the Sioux City Relays.
The Defenders women's 4x400 relay team of Anmarie Stuit, Emilee Heynen, Mika Kooistra and Emma Bakker met the NAIA auto mark and crossed the finish line first with a time of 3:54.87. They currently have the fastest time in the GPAC and sit No.5 in the NAIA.
Heynen, Kooistra, Bakker, along with Alexandra Beckmann, won the 4x200 relay with the third best time in program history (1:44.19).
Mikayla Balt was the one Defender to win a title in an individual event, placing first in the long jump. Balt's winning jump (5.30m) came on her third attempt in the finals. Faith Measel (3rd), Adeline Bergstrom (6th), Bailey Beckman (7th) and Caitlin Brown (10th) also finished among the top 10. Saydie Clark finished 10th in the pole vault, clearing 2.82m, while competing at the Minnesota State Open.
Beckmann recorded two additional top five finishes, placing third in the 100m and anchored the Defenders second place 4x100 relay. Erica Nikkel, Emma Bakker and Balt completed the Defender quartet.
Margaret Myskowski and Elyse Kuperus gave the Defenders a pair of top 10 finishes in the 3000m steeplechase. Myskowski placed fourth and her time of 12:22 in currently tops in the GPAC. Kuperus finished sixth and has the third best time in the conference (12:31).
Bethany Ten Haken placed fifth in the 1500m (5:00.69).
Defenders in the Top 10:
- Alexandra Beckmann – 3rd: 12.84
- Bethany Ten Haken – 5th: 5:00.69
- #5 in the GPAC
- Margaret Myskowski – 4th: 12:22
- #1 in GPAC
- #8 time in program history
- Elyse Kuperus – 6th: 12:31
- #3 in GPAC
- #9 time in program history
- Mikayla Balt – 1st: 5.3m (17-04.34)
- #6 in GPAC
- Faith Measel – 3rd: 4.94m (16-02.5)
- Adeline Bergstrom – 6th: 4.71m (15-5.5)B
- Bailey Beckman – 7th: 4.66m (15-03.5)
- Caitlin Brown – 10th: 4.55m (14-11.25)
Pole Vault (@ Minnesota State Open):
- Saydie Clark - 10th: 2.82m
- ‘A’ team – 2nd: 50.32 (Nikkel, Bakker, Balt, Beckmann)
- ‘B’ team – 4th: 53.44 (Lund, Wingert, Vandermeer, Evenhouse)
- ‘C’ team – 5th: 55.22 (Veldkamp, Brown, Bergstrom, Vander Kooi)
- ‘A’ team – 1st: 1:44.19 (Beckmann, Heynen, Kooistra, Bakker)
- 3rd fastest in program history
- ‘B’ team -2nd: 1:49.85 (Lund, Wingert, Evenhouse, Herman)
- ‘C’ team – 4th: 1:56.4 (Measel, Brown, Struble, Nikkel)
4x400 – 1st: 3:54.87 (Stuit, Heynen, Kooistra, Bakker)
- NAIA Auto mark
- #5 in NAIA
- #1 in GPAC
- 10th fastest all-time at Dordt
The Defenders will compete in a two-day meet, hosted by Northwestern, on April 13-14.