Missouri Baptist defeats Dordt 3-0 (25-13, 25-16, 25-23)
How It Happened
Missouri Baptist beat Dordt 3-0 in men’s volleyball at St. Louis, Missouri, on Saturday, March 31.
The Defenders relinquished the lead early in set one at 3-2 and allowed an 8-2 run at one point that allowed the Spartans to get ahead 13-5 on the way to the 25-13 win.
Set two saw a fast start by Missouri Baptist and the Defender were unable to recover from a 21-7 deficit in falling 25-16. Dordt battled in set three and whittled away at a 20-15 lead to tie it 23-23 after an attack error by the Spartans. The hosts regrouped and scored the final two points of the set for a 25-23 win.
- Kal Bryan had a team high eight kills and was in on two blocks.
- Ben Tiemersma had six kills and four digs with three blocks.
- Alex Durbin recorded four kills and had five digs.
- Cobi Jones had an ace serve and nine digs and Tyler Postma had 16 assists with four block assists.
- Shavon Barker had five block assists to lead the Defenders.
- Dordt scored eight points on blocks and allowed four.
- Missouri Baptist had 50 kills and Dordt 20.
- Missouri Baptist recorded six service aces and Dordt had one.
- Dordt is 1-10 in league play and will face Morningside in the regular season finale on Tuesday, April 3 at Sioux City.