2nd of 8
The Dordt women's golf team posted an outstanding showing at the Midland Invitational in Fremont, Nebraska on Monday afternoon.
Freshman Erin Olsen led the way for the Defenders with a second place finish in the meet. Olsen posted a score of 80 on the afternoon, three strokes behind the meets top finisher. Alyssa Fedders also posted a strong finish for Dordt. Fedders ended the day in a three way tie for sixth place with a score of 88. Kristin Stoffels was the other Defender to finish in the top 20. Stoffels shot a 95 on the 18 hole round, tying with four other competitors for 20th overall.
"After arriving late for a shotgun start, the women played a great and steady round of golf led by Erin Olsen's 80, Alyssa Fedders 88, and Kristin Stoffels carded a 95. I guess this shows that you can play good golf without hitting one range ball or practice putt before a round. Our tournament in Alabama two weeks ago prepared us well for this day and I'm so proud of their runner-up finish. The exciting thing is that we have the potential to play even better," said head coach Mark Christians.
- 1 Mount Marty College 357 +65
- 2 Dordt College 369 +77
- 3 Midland University 376 +84
- 4 Northwestern College 384 +92
- 5 Midland University (B) 392 +100
- 6 Hastings College 395 +103
- T7 Doane College 397 +105
- T7 Concordia U. - NE 397 +105
- 9 Bellevue University 0 E
2. Erin Olsen - 80
T6. Alyssa Fedders - 88
T20. Kristin Stoffels - 95
T37. Hanna Lovstad - 106
T41. Anna Vander Griend - 110
T45. Molly Banks - 113
T47. Mackenzie Peterson - 114
- Mount Marty took home first place team honors with a team score of 357, which is a +65 for the course. Bellevue's Fautina Peve was the medalist with a round of 77.
- The Defenders posted their best finish in a meet as a team for the 2016-2017 season. It was also the best finish Erin Olsen has posted individudually in her young career.
Dordt returns to action on 4/12 at Whispering Creek Golf Course in Sioux City, IA for the Morningside Invitational.