Park defeats Dordt 3-0 (25-14, 25-14, 25-11)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Dordt College lost a 3-0 decision to Park in men’s volleyball play on Wednesday night in Sioux Center.
The Defenders trailed from the start in set one, getting down 10-1 at one point before ratting off seven of the next eight points to cut the gap to 11-8 as Dordt took advantage of three attack errors and Caleb Brandsma and Austen Scammon. The Defenders hung in even with the Pirates up to the 16-12 mark when the visitors banged out six points in a row to run away to the 25-14 win.
Set two featured six early ties as the teams went back and forth and the Pirates led 11-8. A Ben Tiemersma kill got Dordt within 11-9 but the Defenders were unable to dent the lead further and allowed seven points in a row to fall from 16-12 down to 23-12 down and lost 25-14.
The Pirates controlled the third set in taking a 10-4 lead and went on to win 25-11.
- Dordt had 16 kills but was hampered by 18 errors.
- The Defenders got to 24 digs and recorded four blocks.
- Ben Tiemersma had a team high seven kills and got to three digs.
- Caleb Brandsma and Alex Durbin each had three kills.
- Tyler Postma put up 14 assists.
- Daniel Arteaga had a match high 11 kills and Milos Trivunic had 36 assists.
- Dordt is now 1-15 this season while Park improves to 19-2.
Dordt will host Graceland on Saturday, March 18 at 1:00.