Pam De Jong
Director of The Academic Skills Center
Phone: (712) 722-6488
- BA -- Calvin College, English & Communication--Secondary Education
- MA -- University of South Dakota, Adult and Higher Education
- I taught high school English,communication, and drama at Southwest Minnesota Christian High School
- I tutored individual high school students
- I have served as Director of the Academic Skills Center at Dordt College since 1987 where my responsibilities include coordinating the peer tutoring program, providing academic coaching for students on academic probation or otherwise at risk, directing the Aspire Program, serving on the Academic Standing Committee, the Provisional Admissions Committee, and the Retention Council, and supervising academic support services for students with disabilities and international students.
- I am passionate about helping students at every skill level discover their strengths and overcome challenges that may hinder their learning to reach their goals as students and as individuals.