Dordt College is a community of Christians that strives to grow and mature in the knowledge and understanding of God and his creation. This happens inside and outside the classroom.
Dordt College Mission Statement
As an institution of higher education committed to the Reformed Christian perspective, Dordt College equips students, alumni, and the broader community to work effectively toward Christ-centered renewal in all aspects of contemporary life.
We carry out our educational task by:
- Developing a biblical understanding of creation and culture
- Discerning the pervasive effects of sin throughout our world
- Celebrating and proclaiming the redemptive rule of Christ over all of life and all of creation
- Nurturing a commitment for challenging the forces that distort God's good creation and all of human activity
- Offering academic programs, maintaining institutional practices, and conducting social activities in a visionary, integrated, biblically informed manner
- Fostering a climate in which discipleship becomes a practiced way of life both on and off campus
The mission of Student Services is to nurture a vital Christian learning community that seeks to develop wisdom according to the mind and character of Christ.
This handbook helps give direction via information and policies for the Dordt College community. All students are responsible for being aware of the information and policies in this handbook and, by virtue of their decision to attend Dordt College, have agreed to obey these policies. Students are encouraged to read it thoroughly and contact any member of Student Services with questions.