We want to welcome you.
Coming to Sioux Center? Passing through Northwest Iowa? A warm welcome is always waiting for you here. Whether you are in town for a campus tour, visiting your student, attending a wedding, or having a reunion with roommates, the alumni house is the perfect choice for your stay. The alumni house functions as a guest house and is fully equipped and expertly cleaned, but we kindly remind our guests that it does not function as a hotel with around-the-clock staffing. Reservations fill up quickly for the bedrooms; book your stay today.
- Check-in is 3 p.m. and check-out is 10 a.m.
- There are five bedrooms, each with a private bathroom. Bedroom 2 has an unattached private bathroom. Bedroom 1 is handicap accessible.
- Stays should typically not exceed a week unless the entire house has been reserved.
- Bookings are not taken further than six months out.
- Inquiries made 48 hours prior to a requested date are not guaranteed (neither are inquiries requested on a Friday afternoon/weekend for a Monday guest).
- Cancellation policy requires 48-hour advance notice prior to check-in. If the entire house is reserved, cancellation of any rooms/dates must be made 30 days in advance of check-in.
- No smoking or alcohol is allowed in the house or on campus.
- No pets are allowed in the house.
- Guests are not allowed to sleep in the public areas of the house unless they have reserved the entire house.
- In order to observe Sunday rest for our caretaker, we generally do not take reservations that check-in on a Sunday. Please email the alumni house caretaker for special circumstances.
- The alumni house, although fully equipped, is not full service in the same way that a hotel is. Please be aware of the amenities available and remember there will not be someone available around-the-clock for support.
$87 per room per night
$435 for the entire house per night
$115 per room per night
$575 for the entire house per night
- Please note, reservations are only taken for overnight stays in the alumni house. We do not rent out the shared spaces of the house (kitchen, living room, etc.)
- Five bedrooms, each with a queen bed and private bathroom
- Access to the kitchen, dining room, great room, and sun room
- Kitchen is equipped with a microwave, toaster, coffee maker, dishes, cookware, and tableware
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Free wi-fi
- Baby pack'n play (available for an extra fee)
- Cot (available for an extra fee)
- Across the street access to the Dordt University campus
- Alumni house email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alumni House Caretaker, Lori: 712-360-0232
- Events & Auxillary Services: 712-722-6303