Chapters were started as intentional gatherings of Dordt alumni and friends. They exist in multiple locations, reaching individuals who may not have returned to Dordt since they graduated.
We hope to serve and represent our alumni communities by visiting them where they are—in their homes, workplaces, and places of worship. We have pretty lofty goals, and we hope to someday reach all Dordt alumni. But for now, we do our best to reach everyone we can in as many events as we can squeeze into a year.
"Dordt College is not just about the four years that you are living on campus. Our mission statement makes clear that we want to ‘equip students, alumni, and the broader community’—chapters are a way of living out that part of the mission. Alumni chapters bring people together, they allow for business or job networking, and they help plug new people into the area, find churches, and identify new avenues for service."—Brandon Huisman, director of alumni and external relations
The quick and easy explanation of chapters
- Connect alumni who are established in the area and introduce recent graduates and other alumni who have moved to the area
- Keep the Dordt experience close, the community, the fellowship, the fun!
- Pass the Dordt experience on to the next generation of Defenders
Do you have questions or want more information? Contact alumni and parent relations coordinator Alicia Bowar by email at Alicia.Bowar@dordt.edu.
What Alumni Relations does
- We assist with planning chapter events and join in the fun by attending them as well.
- We keep you up to date through our alumni magazine, the Voice, and our alumni enewsletter.
Ways you can help
- Volunteer to be a part of the chapter committee
- Help new graduates get plugged into community life
- Help current students network
- Help Dordt identify potential students
- Pray for your chapter and the body of Dordt College