Want to practice your interview skills? Contact the Career Development Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a mock interview. Expect a 15-30 minute interview where you will be asked customized questions based on your background, area of interest, and any other information you may provide. We will conclude with a feedback portion that will highlight your strengths and provide areas for improvement.
Helpful Articles on Interview Practice
- Luther College Human Resources: Behavioral-Based Questions
- The Dordt College Career Development Center: Potential Interview Questions
- Forbes magazine: 30 Questions You Should And Shouldn't Ask In A Job Interview
- Prepare for tough interview questions: Here's some help
- Virginia Tech Career Center: What to do after interviews, thank-you letters, and follow up
- How should you dress for an interview? Here are a few tips.
- Still unsure? We have great inspiration for you.
Questions to Ask Yourself after an Interview
- Did you arrive on time or a few minutes early?
- Were you appropriately dressed?
- Did you smile and greet the interviewer by name?
- Are you enthusiastic about the job?
- Do you have an honest, genuine answer to questions during the interview?
- Do you have knowledge of the firm or the industry?
- Do you have a high level of energy?
- Are you able to deal with other workers?
- Were you able to mention your skills and strong points?
- Did you show interest in working for the company?
- Did you answer most questions thoughtfully and completely instead of with "yes" or "no" responses?
- Did you stay on track and not ramble on about unrelated issues?
- Did you ask the interviewer all you needed to know about the job?
- Did you come prepared with reasons why you want to work for the company, reasons why the employer should hire you, and questions that indicated a genuine interest in learning more about the firm?
- Do you know what the next step is?
Information on this page borrowed from "Interview Preparation Tips" by the Career Center at California State University, Fullerton.