About the Application Process
The Professional-Technical Education (Pro-Tech) Program offers two-year associate of science degrees in Manufacturing Technology and Agriculture: Farm Operations and Management. There are a limited number of openings in each Pro-Tech major, so it is important to apply early. Completed applications will be reviewed by the Pro-Tech Admissions Committee throughout the academic year. The Admissions Standards for Pro-Tech describe how your academic record will be evaluated and provide a recommended high school program.
To be considered for admission, complete these steps:
- Complete the Pro-Tech application for admission.
- An ACT or SAT score is not required; however, it is helpful to understand your background as a student.
- The application includes three essential questions (see below). Consider writing out your answers before filling in the application.
- Have someone familiar with your character and abilities (e.g., a high-school teacher) fill out the Pro-Tech recommendation form (dordt.edu/pro-tech-recommendation). Multiple recommenders are permitted.
- Contact your high school and ask them to submit an official copy of your transcript to Dordt College. See the Transcript Request Form.
- Describe your faith and relationship with Jesus Christ at this point in time.
- What do you hope to learn about serving God in agriculture or manufacturing by being part of the Pro-Tech Program? Why does this interest you?
- What do you look forward to as part of Dordt's community?