FESTIVAL OVERVIEW AND OBJECTIVES
The High School One Act Festival is a two-day event offered by the Dordt College Theatre Arts Department with several objectives in mind:
- Expose the high school students to aspects of theatre that may be unfamiliar during activities and workshops.
- Encourage these students to learn from each other through the workshop process and while participating in the showcase of one acts.
- Enable the students to learn about their gifts and skills from feedback provided by Dordt students and faculty during workshops, activities, and response sessions to the performances.
- Encourage the high school students to learn a bit about college life while interacting with hosts and other theatre students.
- Emphasize the collaborative, powerful nature of theatre during the workshops, activities, discussions, performances, and responses.
Our next festival will be held November 3 to 5, 2016. Registration will open May 2, 2016.