FESTIVAL OVERVIEW AND OBJECTIVES
The High School One Act Festival is a two-day event offered by the Dordt College Theatre Arts Department with several objectives in mind:
- Expose the high school students to aspects of theatre that may be unfamiliar during activities and workshops.
- Encourage these students to learn from each other through the workshop process and while participating in the showcase of one acts.
- Enable the students to learn about their gifts and skills from feedback provided by Dordt students and faculty during workshops, activities, and response sessions to the performances.
- Encourage the high school students to learn a bit about college life while interacting with hosts and other theatre students.
- Emphasize the collaborative, powerful nature of theatre during the workshops, activities, discussions, performances, and responses.
Our next festival will is planned for the Fall of 2018. More details will be provided as they are available.