Demands on the social work profession continue to grow. Increasing numbers of people with mental illness or developmental disabilities live on their own or on the streets, creating a need for more workers. Non-governmental agencies are adding social workers and counselors to their staffs. And the field of aging services continues to grow.

Our placement rate is nearly 100 percent. Generally, 75 percent of each year's graduating seniors find jobs immediately and the other 25 percent enter graduate school. In the past 10 years, almost every student who has applied to graduate school has been accepted by at least one school, including top social work schools in the United States.

Possible Careers in Social Work

  • Child protection worker
  • Coordinator of geriatric services
  • Mental health worker
  • Family or juvenile court officer
  • Domestic abuse officer
  • Program evaluator for community mental health center
  • Child care counselor
  • Senior case aide
  • Intake worker
  • Group leader
  • Vocational rehabilitation counselor
  • Instructor for the mentally disabled
  • Adoption worker
  • Director of social services
  • Research assistant
  • Patient advocate
  • Peace Corps volunteer
  • Substance abuse counselor
  • Chemical health coordinator
  • Long-term care worker
  • Hospice social worker
  • Community developer
  • Medical social worker