Dordt offers a wide variety of ensembles for students to participate in, welcoming a broad array of interest and ability levels. Approximately 300 students are members of one or more ensembles or take private lessons. Private lessons are available for both instrumental and vocal students, with a faculty of 20 adjunct instructors, each an expert in their instrument.
- 4th Avenue Band: A smaller band that specializes in the "big band" style of music
- 4th Avenue Singers: A chamber choir of 24 voices
- Bella Voce: A female only choir of 25 to 40 voices
- Campus-Community Band: A band that includes students as well as non-student community members
- Chamber Orchestra: A select group of 20 to 30 strings players
- Chorale: A mixed voice choir of 85 to 95 voices
- Wind Symphony: A symphonic band of 60 to 70 players that performs a wide range of music
- Concert Choir: A mixed voice choir of 52 voices
Additionally, seats in the Northwest Iowa Symphony Orchestra are available to select students.
Many of our ensembles tour extensively throughout the United States and Canada. Tours have included the east and west coasts, the midwest, and several locations in Canada, including visits to New York City, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and more. Local off-campus opportunities at churches and schools also abound for interested students.
Find out more on this site or on the music department's Facebook page.