- One lab in the Science and Technology Center is dedicated to environmental studies.
- Students also use a variety of biology, chemistry, and agriculture laboratories.
- Students have access to a wide-array of apparatus and equipment for field and laboratory work.
- Computers in the environmental studies laboratory give students access to specialized software, including a geographic information system.
- The Agriculture Stewardship Center offers opportunities for class work and research.
- Local prairie preserves and riparian forests along the Big and Little Sioux rivers
- De Soto and Union Slough National Wildlife refuges, Iowa
- Niobrara Valley Preserve, Nebraska
- Lakeside Laboratory at West Lake Okoboji, Iowa
- Black Hills and Badlands National Park, South Dakota
- Prairie Wetlands Learning Center, Minnesota
- Backbone State Park, Iowa
- Palisades State Park, South Dakota
- Newton Hills State Park, South Dakota
- Blue Mound State Park, Minnesota
- "Rescue God's Creation" lobby training, Washington, D.C.