The Biology Department aims to motivate and equip God's people to care for themselves, their neighbors, and the rest of creation by providing them with a foundational knowledge of biology and the skills needed to use that knowledge in their chosen field.
- Rigorous, comprehensive program taught from a Christian perspective
- High acceptance rates into graduate and professional schools
- Well-equipped teaching and research spaces for lab courses and individual projects
- Rich faculty knowledge and experience in multiple areas of biology
- Many opportunities for undergraduate research during summers and the school year
- Strong cross-disciplinary connections provide more program options for students
- Opportunities for students to enhance their learning through work as tutors or lab assistants
Student Learning Objectives
Students in the Biology program will:
- Articulate their calling to serve God by caring for themselves, each other, and for the creation.
- Demonstrate a broad-based knowledge of the biological sciences.
- Become competent in the skills needed for biological research.
- Develop oral and written skills to communicate in biology.
The biology department aims to provide an engaging learning environment in which students cultivate skills and habits of mind to prepare them for service in their chosen professions.