If you are looking for a two-year degree in education, you have come to the right place! Dordt College is the only accredited four-year college in Iowa that offers an Associate of Arts degree in paraeducator education. Our program leads to the paraeducator certification from the State of Iowa and will equip you to be an invaluable asset to any P-12 school system. The paraeducator program is an excellent blend of theory and practice. You will have many opportunities to develop your skills in P-12 classrooms while gaining the knowledge needed under the guidance of outstanding professors who have the experience and desire to see you become an outstanding educator.
Dordt offers the following general and specialist paraeducator certifications:
- Generalist: This degree provides you the certification needed to work as a paraeducator in P-12 classrooms.
- Early Childhood: This degree provides you the certification needed to work as an early childhood specialist in prekindergarten through third grade classrooms.
- Special Needs: This degree provides you with the certification to work as a special needs specialist in P-12 classrooms.
- English as a Second Language: This degree provides you with the certification to work as a ESL specialist in P-12 classrooms.
- Career and Transitional Programs: This degree provides you with the certification to work as a career and transitional specialist in grades 5-12.
For further information on the two-year paraeducator degree or the four year education degree, please contact Dr. Timothy Van Soelen at (712) 441-4958 or Timothy.VanSoelen@dordt.edu.