The High School Theatre Festival is an event offered by the Dordt College Theatre Arts Department for Juniors and Seniors in High School with several objectives in mind:
- Expose the high school students to aspects of theatre that may be unfamiliar during activities and workshops.
- Encourage these students to learn from each other through the workshop process.
- Enable the students to learn about their gifts and skills from feedback provided by Dordt students and faculty during workshops and activities.
- Encourage the high school students to learn a bit about college life while interacting with hosts and other theatre students.
- Emphasize the collaborative, powerful nature of theatre during the workshops, activities, discussions, performances, and responses.
- Offer an opportunity for prospective theatre scholarship holders to audition and/or interview on campus for a scholarship.
Our next festival is planned for November 2 & 3 of 2018. More details will be provided as they are available.