We equip our students to globally advance God's kingdom by helping them become biblically wise, skillful, responsible, and caring servants who can joyfully apply their business education as they communally serve the Lord in all aspects of life.
- Wide variety of updated business emphases (e.g., international business, construction management) and a general business minor
- Partnership with area businesses via internships and marketing projects
- Large student involvement in Defender Capital Management Club and the Future Leaders and Missional Entrepreneurs Club (approximately 20 and 55 members, respectively).
- 55th Avenue (campus coffee shop) is a new business opportunity for the Future Leaders and Missional Entrepreneurs Club, including several student internships.
- Strong, committed faculty have a diversity of background experience, including high school and community college teaching, CPA work, banking, importing and exporting, management, marketing, and consulting
Students will be able to:
- Articulate a biblically Reformed worldview and biblical norms for business and how they differ from prevailing worldviews and practices in business.
- Demonstrate their commitment to Christ-like leadership by effectively serving in the business world and conveying an excitement for the role of business in society.
- Recognize the special place of human beings in creation and their call to engage in interdisciplinary thinking and problem solving.
- Understand economic theories, systems and relationships in the context of Christian stewardship including responsibilities toward creation and future generations.
- Analyze how throughout history individuals and community have shaped modern business, and demonstrate ways to individually and communally shape business in a God-glorifying and kingdom-building manner.
- Confidently use their knowledge, ability, and skills to apply the necessary business skills in management, marketing, accounting, teaching, or finance while worshipping God through a healthy balance of work, family, worship, and leisure.
- Be committed to global and cultural awareness, professional and personal development, and humbly serving others.