This 30 credit-hour M.Ed. specialization in Teacher Leadership prepares pre K-12 practitioners to take on leadership roles in the curricular decisions and instructional practices in their schools. By providing practical, hands-on instruction for teachers who want to learn more about teaching in a distinctively Christian manner in public or private schools, this specialization equips teachers to articulate a Christian perspective for education and prepares them to translate that perspective and lead others within their classroom, school, and community.
Courses offered in 15-week semesters and 8-week summer terms.
Students may start the program during any term. Most M.Ed. students choose a two or three year plan of study during which they continue to work as a full-time educator. Contact us for a plan that fits your pace and starting point!
M.ED. COURSES IN TEACHER LEADERSHIP (30 CREDITS)
- EDUC 501 - Issues in Education (3 credits, summer)
- EDUC 502 - Learner Development and Principles of Learning (3 credits, summer)
- EDUC 503 - Interpreting and Applying Educational Research (3 credits, fall)
- EDUC 504 - Curriculum Development and Evaluation (3 credits, summer)
- EDUC 505 - Foundations of Special Education (3 credits, summer)
- EDUC 506 - Best Practices in Instructional Strategies (3 credits, summer odd)
- EDUC 507 - Classroom Assessment Strategies (3 credits, fall)
- EDUC 508 - Teaching and Learning with Technology (3 credits, spring)
- EDUC 509 - Teacher Leadership Field Experience (3 credits, summer)
- EDUC 510 - Action Research Project (3 credits, spring)