The Sport Leadership specialization is a 33-credit hour option in the School Leadership M.Ed. program that prepares teachers, coaches, and other education professionals for leadership in educational athletics. This specialization provides practical, hands-on learning experiences in teaching and leading in a distinctively Christian manner. Providing a graduate level focus on issues, research, and leadership in education, this specialization also focuses on the specific leadership principles and perspectives applicable to sport leadership. Six credits of practicum experience provide real-world learning and application.
COURSES ARE OFFERED IN 15-WEEK SEMESTERS AND 8-WEEK SUMMER TERMS.
Students may start the program during any term. Most M.Ed. students choose a two or three year plan of study during which they continue to work as a full-time educator. Contact us for a plan that fits your pace and starting point!
M.ED. COURSES IN Sport LEADERSHIP (33 CREDITS)
- EDUC 501 - Issues in Education (3 credits, summer, fall, spring)
- EDUC 502 - Learner Development and Principles of Learning (3 credits, summer, spring)
- EDUC 503 - Interpreting and Applying Educational Research (3 credits, summer, fall)
- EDUC 560 - Foundations of Leadership (3 credits, fall, spring)
- EDUC 563 - Collaborative Leadership (3 credits, fall, spring)
- HHP 510 - Leadership Principles in Sport (3 credits, summer odd)
- HHP 515 - Ethics and Sport (3 credits, fall even)
- HHP 520 - Christian Perspectives on Advanced Sport Psychology (3 credits, spring even)
- HHP 525 - Administration of Interscholastic Sports (3 credits, summer even)
- HHP 530 - Practicum Series (6 credits, summer, fall, spring)